Singapore Medical Association believes in giving back to society, and encourages our members to do the same. We are firm in our goal of addressing the myriad needs in the medical and public health landscape.
We aim to create a bigger impact towards a better healthcare in Singapore through a five-prong approach, focusing on the strategic areas of:
1) Financial support: Relieving the distress, poverty and suffering among members of the public, including members of the medical profession in Singapore, and also to provide scholarship, financial assistance and awards for students pursuing studies in medical education.
2) Education: Educating the public in areas of healthcare that lead to better health outcomes.
3) Volunteerism: Promoting volunteerism amongst the medical profession.
4) Exposure: Supporting students pursuing studies in medical education to attend conferences, seminars, workshops, or the like leading to enhanced medical knowledge and better health outcomes for the public.
5) Research: Supporting medical research and public health projects.
Do contact us should you have any suggestions for initiatives that you would like us to consider.